TMT Bars are the backbone of any real estate construction and constitute approximately 10% of the construction cost. They support the load of slabs, beams, columns etc. making it essential for any construction. Evidently, one can safely conclude that a wrong choice in the TMT segment i.e. the 10% cost component may lead to a faulty/inappropriate construction or in other words a wastage of the entire 100% of the total spend on the construction.
However, home buildersoften unknowingly compromiseon the quality of TMT bars over price. These result in:
- Inferior construction quality due to the dearth of required chemical and physical properties in TMT Bars.
- Uneconomical cost of construction due to higher consumption of low grade Fe415 TMT Bars
- Vulnerability to natural calamities which leads to construction structures getting damaged in the event of windstorms and earthquake etc.
Hence, choosing the right TMT Brand is the first key decision that a home builder needs to make. Research identifies that the best grade of TMT for home building is the 500D variant. At MSP, we produce just that. With loads of attributes, the 500D variant lends the desired stability, strength and durability to any construction and makes it truly “Jug Jug Jiyo”.
MSP TMT bars Fe500 D
- Superior quality – Approved by the Bureau of Indian Standards for building and Infrastructure projects. The ideal choice for longevity and strength.
- Lower cost – More economical compared to local made Fe415 Grade TMT bars, which can save up to 20% of steel.
- High Tensile Strength –The overall stability and durability of the construction improves significantly owing to the high tensile strength
- Best in class ductility – Improved ductility leads to cover angles and shapes, once again lending the desired quality to the construction output
- Absorption – The capacity to absorb sudden loads, which makes them ideal for various natural calamities.
The following table contents validate the claims.
MSP TMT BARS
|MECHANICAL PROPERTIES Element – IS 1786 – 2008|
|ISI standard Fe500||ISI standard Fe500D||MSP TMT Fe500||MSP TMT Fe500D|
|Yield Strength Min (N/mm square)||500||500||500||500|
|CHEMICAL COMPOSITION Element- IS1786-2008|
|BEND PROPERTIES Element|
|Up to &incl 20mm||4D||3D||4D||3D|
|REBEND PROPERTIES Element|
|Up to &incl 10mm||5D||4D||5D||4D|
|Size of Bar||Cross-sectional||IS 1786 : 2008 (ISI)||MSP|
|(mm2)||Area ( mnn2)||Lower||Standard||Upper||Lower||Upper|