Thermo-Mechanically Treated Bars or the TMT bars have been increasingly popular right from their inception. They are distinguished for their tough outer crust, beneath which sits the soft inner core. This is why they are an instant hit!
The HYSD and TOR bars, which have been the ancestors of the new TMT bars, have had everything from strength to durability, but the only thing they lacked in was the tensile strength, which is one of the major attributes exhibited by the TMT bars. Moreover, with the best TMT bar manufacturing companies India, you can expect the utmost security of your building or structure. However, most of us are unaware of the making process of these bars. Therefore, we decided to inform you of the steps in the process of manufacturing TMT bars.
What’s in the Manufacturing Process?
The manufacturing process of the TMT bars is a bit complicated one, consisting of multiple steps. It goes like:
- Scrap melting
- Ingot Moulding
- Rolling and heating in the furnace
- Cooling with the help of water jets.
- Forming the steel into the final product, TMT bars.
The special thing in the manufacturing process which is unique to these bars is that they are heated and then cooled. The combination of these two adverse processes, i.e., heating and cooling, refines the microstructure of the bars.
What Should You Know About the Thermo Mechanical Treatment?
The Thermo Mechanical Treatment is the thing that gives these bars their strength and flexibility. Moreover, it also helps these bars have the edge on their peers and predecessors. So, here are some things that you need to know about it:
- This makes the carbon ratio of the steel bars dip down to 0.5%. This subsequently increases the tensile strength, thereby making the bars less brittle.
- The bars are tempered at 100°C, which boosts up their strength and ductility.
- This process unlocks the maximum potential of the bars in terms of strength, elongation and the tensile strength is maxed by this process.
- The Thermo Mechanical treatment of the steel bars is proven to save about 17% of steel.
- TMT bars relatively costs much lesser than the steel bars of the past.
Apart from all these, keep in mind that steel is completely recyclable now. So, what are you waiting for? Choosing your materials from the best steel manufacturers in India will cut your hassles by half. You can also opt for the premium steel manufacturers in Odisha, the best stainless steel manufacturers in Korba, world-class TMT bar companies in Balasore, the best TMT bar companies in Baripada along with the Top TMT bar manufacturers Chhattisgarh. So, hurry up and don’t miss on the exciting deals before they run out!
READ ALSO OUR NEW UPDATES
- Steel And Its Kinds: A Comprehensive Outlook
- Earthquake-Resistant Building Norms India
- Stainless Steel Grade 304 Vs. 316: Which One Is The Best For You?
- Constructing A Better Earth In Eco-Friendly Ways
- Modern Construction: Innovative Technologies To Be Aware Of!
- Dust And How It Is Managed! Inside The Indian Steel Industry
- Know A Construction Project Inside Out! A Go-To Guide!
- Important Points To Consider Before You Plan or Buy a New House
- Planning To Buy Or Build Your Home? Some Essentials You Should Consider!